Diabetes Australia’s "It’s About Time" campaign aims to raise awareness about the importance of early detection and early treatment for all types of diabetes.
Too many Australians are being diagnosed with diabetes too late. The is true for both type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. The delay in diagnosis is putting many people at risk of major life threatening health problems.
“It’s About Time” we detected all types of diabetes earlier and save lives.
“It’s About Time” we knew the early signs of type 1 diabetes
Too many Australians are diagnosed with type 1 diabetes too late, over 600 people end up in hospital emergency rooms each year very sick, and then find out they have type 1 diabetes. Find out more here
“It’s About Time” we detected silent, undiagnosed type 2 diabetes
Up to 500,000 Australians may have silent , undiagnosed type 2 diabetes. They may have type 2 diabetes for up to seven years before it is diagnosed. During this time type 2 diabetes may be damaging their blood vessels and nerves and causing vision loss, amputations, heart attacks, stroke and kidney damage. Find out more here
Diabetes Australia needs your help to support the campaign and spread the word
Diabetes Australia needs your help to support the campaign and spread the word.
Ways to support our “It’s About Time” campaign
- Share our videos which you can download here
- Share social media tiles and posts
- Download the type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes posters and display them in your workplace or community
- Use the hashtags #itsabouttime #ndw2017
- Share your story via Facebook Twitter and Instragram
- Write to your local MP and tell them what it is like to live with diabetes or to care for someone with diabetes
- Donate to Diabetes Australia here and fund important diabetes research
National Diabetes Week July 9-15 2017 www.diabetesaustralia.com.au/itsabouttime