The Diabetes Australia Young Leaders Program was launched in 2013. Young Leaders are aged 15-29 years and are members from state and territory organisations. There is a mix of people from capital cities as well as rural and regional areas.
These young leaders will help us develop and shape the future of young people living with diabetes in Australia. The group consists of young people living with type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes.
The Young Leaders Program gives young people a national platform and voice to advocate for issues that matter to them on a local, national and global stage. If you are interested in joining the Young Leaders program, please email us.
As part of the Diabetes Australia’s Young Leaders Program, you will be able to:
- join a group of people from across Australia who are all passionate about working to do something for young people living with diabetes
- tell us what is important to you in living with diabetes
- provide ideas about how we can best address these issues
- help us make these resources and information available to the widest possible audience using the best, most up-to-date communication methods
- become public advocates and spokespeople for young people with diabetes
- share your stories about real-life with diabetes – the good, the bad and the ugly
- help to make people (public/Governments/HPs/Researchers) more aware of real day-to-day life with diabetes
- enhance and improve the lives of young people living with diabetes
- become directly involved in advocating for political change
- provide information, interviews and opinions of life with diabetes within your town, city and state as necessary
- promote positive perceptions of young people with diabetes
- work to influence the work Diabetes Australia does for young people with diabetes.
If you are interested in becoming one of Diabetes Australia’s Young Leaders, please email us.