When you join Diabetes Australia, you become a member of your state or territory’s diabetes organisation. There are more than 180,000 members throughout Australia.
Becoming a part of your state or territory diabetes organisation will provide access to many valuable services and benefits available only to people who pay an annual subscription fee.
Membership benefits include:
- preferred access and discounts for diabetes products and services
- discounts on publications, travel, health insurance and footwear, amongst others.
- sales and advice on blood glucose meters
- quarterly national and local magazines covering diabetes management, research and lifestyle issues
- information and advice about healthy eating and physical activity
- members-only web pages*
- local community support groups*
- some discounts from other suppliers*.
*only available in certain states
For membership costs, please contact your state or territory organisation. Links to the membership pages are listed below:
State or Territory diabetes organisation membership vs NDSS registration
There is a difference between registering with the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) and becoming a member of your state or territory diabetes organisation.
Membership to your state or territory diabetes organisation provides access to many valued benefits and services, available only to people who pay an annual subscription fee.
Registering with the NDSS enables access to a range of Government approved diabetes-related products including:
- subsidised testing strips for checking blood glucose levels
- free insulin syringes and pen-needles (if you require insulin)
- subsidised insulin pump consumables (IPCs)
- information services on managing life with diabetes.