Skip to Content
Back to top
Simple, easy & delicious hot or cold!
- Energy: 501 KJ
- Total fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- DietaryFiber: <1g
- Sodium: 75mg
- To Prep: 10 minutes
- To Cook: 1 hour, 5 minutes
olive oil spray
1/4 cups caster sugar
2 teaspoons custard powder
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups low-fat milk
3 tablespoons sultanas
1 pinch nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 160C (315F) and lightly spray 6 ramekins with oil.
- Combine the sugar and custard powder in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, egg white and vanilla.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the sugar mixture and whisk to combine.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over low heat for 3-4 minutes until hot (but not boiling).
- Gradually pour the milk into the egg mixture, whisking until well combined.
- Divide the sultanas evenly between the ramekins and pour over egg mixture; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place ramekins in a baking dish and pour boiling water into baking dish until halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set. Allow the ramekins to cool before serving.
Family Food for Diabetes, Melinda Morrison