Skip to Content
Back to top
Fresh Noodle & Vegetable Rolls
A delicious snack, full of fresh vegetables. Perfect for a light meal or as an appetiser when you are entertaining this spring.
- Energy: 135 KJ
- Protein: 1g
- Total fat: <1g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Sugars: 1g
- DietaryFiber: 1g
- Potassium: 105mg
- Sodium: 10mg
- Calcium: 20mg
80g dried vermicelli noodles
1 medium carrot
1 medium cucumber
1 medium red capsicum
0.25 small Chinese cabbage
0.5 cups fresh coriander
0.5 cups fresh mint
12 rice paper wraps
0.25 cups caster sugar
0.66666 cups water
birds eye chilli
0.25 cups lime juice
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons low-salt soy sauce
- Soak noodles in boiling water in a large heatproof bowl for 5 minutes; stir to separate strands, then drain.
- Using scissors, cut noodles into shorter lengths.
- Coarsely grate the carrot. Deseed and finely slice the cucumber and capsicum. Finely shred the Chinese cabbage.
- Optional Dipping Sauce - combine the caster sugar, water, sliced chilli (optional), lime juice, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce.
- Place noodles in a large bowl; drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the dipping sauce. Add chopped vegetables and herbs; toss to combine.
- To assemble rolls, place 1 sheet of rice paper in a medium bowl of warm water until just softened.
- Lift sheet from water carefully; place on a board covered with a clean tea towel.
- Place 1/3 cup of mixture across lower part of the wrapper, in a neat horizontal pile.
- Fold bottom end over, then sides and roll up tightly.
- Place on a platter. Repeat with remaining rice paper sheets and vegetable filling.
- Serve with dipping sauce or soy sauce (optional).
Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company
If you choose to serve your Fresh Noodle and Vegetable Rolls with soy sauce try and choose reduced-salt soy sauce or sweet chilli sauce.